Marler Clark has filed a Salmonella lawsuit was against Orchid Island Juice Company of Fort Pierce, Florida, in US District court for the Southern District of West Virginia Thursday (case no. 5:05-CV-0586). The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Heather Dowdy, a Caldwell, West Virginia resident who became ill with a Salmonella infection after consuming

As the Associated Press reported today, undercooked turkey at a Camden restaurant is most likely the cause of one of the worst food-borne illness outbreaks in South Carolina in recent years, the state health department said Friday.
More than 300 people were sickened and one 58-year-old man died after eating at the Old South Restaurant

Bankrupt Coronet Foods is now facing a lawsuit by 92 people from several states. On Wednesday a judge ruled the people who claim they got sick after eating tainted roma tomatoes could sue the store that sold them, and the company that supplied them, Wheeling based Coronet Foods.
“It’s clear that the tomatoes were supplied

As the Associated Press reported today, a West Virginia federal bankruptcy judge has allowed us to sue on behalf of more than 80 people who were sickened by salmonella-tainted tomatoes the company supplied the tomatoes and the Sheetz convenience store chain.
Federal Judge L. Edward Friend II signed an order yesterday allowing plaintiffs to sue

In an article yesterday by the Associated Press, I said I no longer plan to sue Sheetz, the convenience store chain who sickened over 400 people with salmonella-tainted tomatoes. But I’m still planning to sue Coronet Foods, the bankrupt company which supplied the tomatoes. A bankruptcy judge signed an order Wednesday allowing Coronet to be

Marler Clark filed a lawsuit Wednesday on behalf of seven people who became ill with Salmonella Enteriditis infections after eating Paramount Farms raw almonds between September, 2003 and May, 2004. The lawsuit was filed in the South Judicial District of the Los Angeles County Superior Court (Case No. NC036770).
All seven plaintiffs had Salmonella infections

Grandmother Bonnie Bartley is suing the Golden Corral, after she and her 4-year-old granddaughter became extremely ill from the lunch they ate there on August 17.

Allison B. Luster, 4, of Marietta, was taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital’s emergency room Aug. 23 with bloody stools, constant vomiting and severe stomach pain. She also developed a