Header graphic for print
Marler Blog Providing Commentary on Food Poisoning Outbreaks & Litigation

Its Been 16 Years Since the Jack in the Box E. coli O157:H7 Outbreak and Brianne Kiner’s Story is Still Hard to Watch

In 1993, Jack in the Box suffered a major foodborne illness outbreak involving E. coli O157:H7 bacteria. Four children died of hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS), hundreds were hospitalized and 600 others were reported sick after eating undercooked patties contaminated with fecal material containing the bacteria at locations in California, Washington, Idaho and Nevada.  Brianne Kiner was one HUS survivor.  Click on below to watch short video:

Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak: Brianne Kiner from Marlerclark on Vimeo.

After two years of litigation, we were able to recover $15,600,000 for Brianne and her family.