Header graphic for print
Marler Blog Providing Commentary on Food Poisoning Outbreaks & Litigation

Anyplace safe to eat? – UPDATED

300 say they got ill from Olive Garden
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS – More than 300 people say they became ill, and at least three have been hospitalized, after eating at an Olive Garden restaurant last weekend, health officials said Friday.

I am betting on Norovirus as the source – see, www.about-norwalk.com and www.noroblog.com

According to the Chicago Tribune, I am right!

Norovirus suspected in Olive Garden illnesses

Associated Press
Published December 19, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS — A norovirus may have caused hundreds of people to become sick last week after eating at an Olive Garden restaurant, a health official said Monday.  Stool samples from three restaurant employees and one patron tested positive for a norovirus, which can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, he said.  Outbreaks of noroviruses have taken place in restaurants, cruise ships and other places where people eat food handled by others, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  The Health Department was still working to pinpoint the exact source of the illnesses, Althardt said.

  • Bix

    I was hoping you would speculate on the cause. I just love your blog.