As of July 22, 2013 (5pm EST), CDC has been notified of more than 250 cases of Cyclospora infection in residents of multiple states, including Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, and Wisconsin. Illinois and Kansas have also notified CDC of one case each that may have been acquired out of state but in the United States.
- Most of the illness onset dates have ranged from mid-June through early July.
- At least 10 persons reportedly have been hospitalized.
- No food items have been implicated to date, but public health authorities are pursuing all leads. Previous outbreak investigations have implicated various types of fresh produce.
- It is not yet clear whether the cases from all of the states are part of the same outbreak.
- No common events (e.g., social gatherings) have been identified among the case patients.
- Additional cases are currently under investigation and will be included on this page as states confirm them.