One of two Texas kids who were hospitalized with botulism was released from the hospital today.  The Lubbock-area siblings had eaten Castleberry’s Austex Hot Dog Chili Sauce Original for lunch on June 28.  The next day, both became ill with symptoms of botulism poisoning.  According to an article in the Houston Chronicle:

An unopened can of the hot dog sauce, produced on May 7 at the company’s canning facility in Georgia and purchased at the same time as the discarded can, was found in the children’s home, the CDC said

The two children were at first evaluated at different hospitals, and multiple diagnoses were considered. After one child was transferred to the same hospital as the sibling, botulism was identified, and the children were placed on breathing machines.

The Texas Department of State Health Services reported the cases to the CDC on July 7.

One of the kids remains hospitalized in critical condition.