Marler Clark is filing a lawsuit against the Golden Corral restaurant on behalf of a Marietta woman. She and her 4-year-old granddaughter were sickened with salmonella after eating lunch there this month. Bonnie Bartley’s symptoms began the day after eating at the Golden Corral on August 17, but she wasn’t as sick as her 4-year-old granddaughter Allison Luster.
The same day we filed the lawsuit, the Golden Corral in Kennesaw reopened.
As I said in a recent press release:
“This is not the first time a Golden Corral restaurant has been linked to a foodborne illness outbreak. In 1999 Marler Clark sued the Golden Corral in Kearney, Nebraska, on behalf of victims of an E. coli O157:H7 outbreak. ”
“In addition to representing Ms. Bartley, we have been contacted by several other victims in this outbreak,” said William Marler, managing partner of Marler Clark. “All of these people consumed food they believed was wholesome and unadulterated only to ultimately pay the price for eating at Golden Corral. The restaurant should step up, and do the right thing, compensating victims for what they’ve gone through.”
The restaurant owner’s lawyer, Tom Carlock, said the restaurant received a “a clean bill of health” from state officials this week.
“We got a perfect 100 score recently, and the health department came out here and checked all the employees for salmonella and all were cleared,” Carlock said.