It has been a bit of a quiet summer when it comes to food poisoning outbreaks – that is a good thing – but not so in Colorado.

Just a few moments ago, the Colorado Health Department announced that more than two-dozen people who ate at The Fort in Morrison last month got sick. Officials believe undercooking eggs caused it – in particular for one specialty of the house. One of the signature dishes is rattlesnake cake. This year between July 10 and July 16 more than two-dozen people became ill at The Fort, quite possibly from the egg ingredients in the rattlesnake dish. So far there are eight confirmed cases of Salmonella and 20 listed as probable.

In July Boulder County Department of Health announced that two children had been hospitalized with hemolytic uremic syndrome after becoming ill from drinking unpasteurized goat milk in June that came from Billy Goat Dairy in Longmont. Lab tests confirmed that raw milk from the Billy Goat Dairy farm was contaminated with Campylobacter and farm goat feces carried E. coli O157:H7. Thus far 30 people have been sickened out of the 40 families that participated in the goat share program.

Also in July, Rocky Mountain Natural Meats recalled 66,000 pounds of bison and buffalo meat after a cluster of E. coli O157:H7 illnesses in Colorado were linked to the product. Health authorities identified 5 illnesses in Colorado and one illness in New York in people who consumed the product.

Cleary, Colorado has more than Coors and the Rocky Mountains.