Jack and Noah Melton were hospitalized for weeks at Texas Children’s Hospital.

News 3 talked to the boys’ parents Friday about a very frightening experience that turned out for the better.

But Jack and 2-year-old Noah Melton haven’t fully recovered from what happened last April 16th when the family went for a meal at Coco Loco Mexican Restaurant on George Bush Drive in College Station.

After an investigation the Brazos County Health Department determined the boys and their parents had eaten ground beef contaminated with E. coli from the restaurant.

10 people were believed to be infected.