We will be filing a lawsuit in Illinois in the morning.
What products have been recalled?
The BrightFarms products come in clear, plastic clamshells and have “best by” dates through 7/29/2021:
- BrightFarms Nutrigreens TM (3 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Butter Crisp TM (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Harvest Crunch ® (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Mighty Romaine TM (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
- BrightFarms 50/50 Spring & Spinach (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Spring Crunch (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Spring Mix (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Sunny Crunch ® (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
The recall was issued after eleven people fell ill with Salmonella after eating packaged salad greens. BrightFarms products grown outside of Illinois have not been affected, so this recall should only affect shoppers in the Midwest.
What States have the recalled product?
BrightFarms issued this recall in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and Indiana, all states that sell packaged salad greens grown on the company’s Rochelle, Illinois farm. Retailers selling the potentially contaminated products include:
Where were the products sold?
Illinois: Mariano’s Fresh Markets, Walmart (select stores), Strack Van Till, Sullivan’s Foods, Caputo’s, Jewel-Osco
Wisconsin: Pick ‘n Save, Metro Market, Copps, Tadych’s, Walmart (select stores)
Iowa: Walmart (select stores)
Indiana: Strack Van Till