Ambassel, an Ethiopian restaurant in Seattle on Jefferson and Twelfth, has been shut down by the Seattle King County Department of Health for these violations:
• Foods not protected from cross-contamination
• Poor personal hygiene practices: insufficient handwashing
• Equipment not properly sanitized
• Handwashing facilities not working
• Imminent health hazard: establishment linked to a foodborne illness outbreak
The foodborne illness outbreak is actually an E. coli O157:H7 outbreak and two are reported ill thus far. One of the ill has retained us. The interesting fact is that I represented her 20 years ago in another local E. coli outbreak – Jack in the Box.