Politicians on both sides of the border should be aware.
CBC news reports “Kristina Lees says her warnings about Costco meat were ignored.”
The mother of an Edmonton boy who got sick from tainted beef says she was ignored when she told health officials that steaks were the source of her son’s E. coli poisoning. “I felt helpless. I was mad that my son got sick, and that other people could get sick,” said Kristina Lees. “I’m still mad about it, actually.”
Lees thinks health officials are “doing a good job” with the recall and warnings now, but that it should not have taken weeks for the first alerts to go out.
“I don’t think they handled it very well in the beginning, I think they procrastinated a bit.”
Just a bit? Yes, I think that is the case.