New Hampshire state health officials say a mixer used to make pudding was the source of salmonella that sickened children at a camp in Madison this month.  The Stone Environmental Camp voluntarily closed last week, and is looking forward to reopening, now that the source has been identified.

Health investigators determined that pudding served to the campers was contaminated.  Although the mixer is supposed to be sanitized after each use, a possible defect may have allowed bacteria to get to an area where it couldn’t be cleaned out.

The state confirmed 15 salmonella cases among more than 120 children and adults who reported getting sick. The state said some could have had mild forms of infection also related to the mixer.