As of August 3, 2015 (4pm EDT), CDC had been notified of 384 ill persons with confirmed Cyclospora infection from 26 states in 2015.
- Most (226; 59%) ill persons experienced onset of illness on or after May 1, 2015 and did not report international travel prior to symptom onset.
- Clusters of illness linked to restaurants or events have been identified in Texas, Wisconsin, and Georgia.
- Cluster investigations are ongoing in Texas and Georgia.
- Cluster investigations in Wisconsin and Texas have preliminarily identified cilantro as a suspect vehicle.
- Investigations are ongoing to identify specific food
item(s) linked to the cases that are not part of the identified clusters.
Previous U.S. outbreaks of cyclosporiasis have been linked to imported fresh produce, including cilantro from the Puebla region of Mexico. Read the related FDA Import Alert issued July 27, 2015.