According to press reports: “The deaths of two American tourists on vacation in Mexico prompted the luxury seaside resort they were staying in to temporarily suspend operations until an internal investigation can be conducted. The Hotel Rancho Pescadero, where the couple died, is owned by Hyatt Hotels and is located in El Pescadero, a small town north of Cabo San Lucas.

John Heathco, 41, and Abby Lutz, 28, were found dead in their hotel room last week after previously being hospitalized for what they thought was food poisoning earlier in their trip, according to Lutz’s family.

The couple’s cause of death was deemed as “intoxication by substance to be determined,” according to the state attorney general’s office. The Associated Press reported that the suspected cause of death was gas inhalation.

We have been told it was due to improper venting of the resort and could be carbon monoxide poisoning,” the family wrote on its GoFundMe page to help bring their daughter’s body back to the U.S.