Coco Loco restaurant in College Station was the source of the E. coli that caused illnesses in the Bryan/College Station area, according to health officials. At a Brazos County Health Department press conference Tuesday afternoon, officials stated they had tracked the bacteria back to ground beef at the Coco Loco location in the 300 block of George Bush Drive. While they said it was not a 100 percent certainty, they said it was “highly likely.”
In all, there were five confirmed cases of E. coli from April, including two children who were hospitalized in Houston. Five other cases were unconfirmed.