Trim Recall: V&T Meat Wholesale, Chestermere, Alberta is recalling certain raw pork products from the marketplace due to possible E. coli O157:H7 contamination. Consumers, food service establishments, retailers, distributors and manufacturers in Alberta, should not consume, serve, use, or sell certain raw pork products sold by the retailers, listed below, because the raw pork products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. All raw pork products sold from these locations, during the identified time periods, are affected by this recall.
- Trimming Fresh Meats Ltd. – July 15 to July 22, 2014.
- Hiep Hoa Asian Food – July 15 to August 17, 2014
Spring Roll Recall: Vinh Fat Food Products is voluntarily recalling frozen pork spring rolls, pork buns and pork wontons as part of larger recall of Alberta pork products. The following frozen pork products have been sold exclusively from Vinh Fat Food Products, which is located at 10630 97th Street in Edmonton.
▪ Pork spring rolls sold between July 10 and Sept. 5 inclusively.
▪ Pork buns sold between July 10 and Sept. 5 inclusively.
▪ Pork wontons sold between July 10 and Sept. 5 inclusively.
This recall was triggered by the E. coli outbreak investigation led by Alberta Health Services and supported by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) that has sickened at least 153.