tmpwYSgdE-mdly-photoWashington and Oregon Health officials are investigating an E. coli outbreak linked to six Chipotle restaurants in Washington state and Oregon, health officials said Saturday. Three people in the Portland area and at least 19 people in Washington have become sick after eating at the Mexican food chain since October 14. In Washington, nine cases have been reported in Clark County, four in King County, five in Skagit County and one in Cowlitz County, state health officials said in a release. People have reported symptoms of infection in Clackamas and Washington counties in Oregon. 43 Chipotle restaurants have been closed in the two states.

Here is a bit(e) of history of Chipotle Outbreaks:

2015 Outbreak of Norovirus, Chipotle restaurant, Simi Valley, California

In August 2015 Ventura County Environmental Health and Ventura County Public Health Division staff investigated an outbreak of norovirus among patrons of a Chipotle restaurant located in the Simi Valley Towne Center. During the week of August 18, 201…Read More »

2015 Salmonella Newport Outbreak, Chipotle Restaurants in Minnesota

Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Agriculture investigators reported an outbreak of Salmonella Newport among customers of 17 different Chipotle restaurants located primarily in the Twin Cities metro area, with one in St. Clou…Read More »

Church Brothers LLC/ Cafe Rio Restaurant/ Chipotle Restaurant Romaine Lettuce 2009

In September, 2009, a cluster of patients who had been infected with an indistinguishable strain of E. coli O157:H7 was identified. Initially case-patients were identified in Colorado, Utah, and New York State. Additional case-patients were identif…Read More »

Apple Valley Chipotle Mexican Grill Lettuce 2009

An outbreak of Campylobacter jejuni occurred among patrons who ate a variety of chicken and non-chicken dishes at the Apple Valley, Minnesota, Chipotle Mexican Grill. Exposures involved meals that had been served between February 9 and 14. An envir…Read More »

Chipotle Grill Restaurant Unknown 2008

Persons who dined at the restaurant, located in La Mesa, California, between March 1 and April 22, 2008, developed hepatitis A. Restaurant employees were tested for hepatitis A subsequent to the outbreak and had no evidence of recent hepatitis A infe…Read More »

Chipotle Grill Restaurant Burritos 2008

Patrons of a Chipotle Grill Restaurant near Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, developed diarrhea, nausea and vomiting due to Norovirus. Many of those affected were Kent State University students who had eaten burritos at the restaurant. Restaura…Read More »