Bravo! Italian Cucina was sued Monday by a woman who suffered food poisoning after eating at the restaurant on May 7. The plaintiff is represented by Marler Clark, the Seattle law firm nationally recognized for the successful representation of foodborne illness. At least 360 people became ill with symptoms of foodborne illness after eating at
William Marler, the Seattle attorney who made a name for himself representing Jack in the Box customers exposed to the E. coli bacteria in undercooked hamburger, said he plans to file as many as 148 cases against Sheetz Inc. and now-defunct tomato supplier Coronet Foods Inc. concerning allegedly salmonella-infested tomatoes, reported The West Virginia Record.
The salmonella outbreak occurred in July 2004. Pennsylvania health officials determined early on in their investigation that there was no evidence of insufficient cooking or hygiene on the part of Sheetz. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) quickly determined the source of contamination was from Roma tomatoes that Sheetz bought from Wheeling, W. Va.-based Coronet, which got them from a Florida tomato packing house. Coronet shut down and filed for bankruptcy in November 2004.
William Marler has been living in disease for 13 years.
“It’s an odd niche,” said Marler, who helped form the Seattle law
On May 03, By John O’Brien of the Charleston Bureau reported on the status of bankrupt Coronet Foods, Inc. and its attempts to stave off liability in several lawsuits claiming tomatoes supplied by Coronet to Sheetz contained salmonella bacteria.
From the article:
“I don’t think there’s any doubt in anyone’s mind that the tomatoes
In an April 28th, 2006 MSNBC Dateline investigative report titled “Unseen danger in bagged salads,” Dateline documents several cases of E. coli infections caused by bagged salad, including an 11-year-old girl and a 54 year-old-old man.
In September and October, 2005, at least 23 Minnesotans became ill with E. coli O157:H7 infections after…