Fox News Interviewed our clients last evening:
A Voorheesville family thought a popular snack food was a healthy option for their 20-month-old triplets, but it turns out, that snack made their kids sick. A few months ago, 2 of the Scheels triplets came down with salmonella poisoning. Turns out the illness came from their snack food, Veggie Booty.
The popular snack food sickened more than 60 people [actually 75 to date] across the United States. Robert’s American Gourmet, the maker of Veggie Booty, says the illness has been linked to the seasoning used on the food.
The Scheels have filed a lawsuit against Robert’s American Gourmet, the maker of Veggie Booty, hoping to get the company’s attention that food borne illness can be deadly. Since her children became ill, Elex Scheels has been working with ‘Safe Tables*, an organiation devoted to preventing food borne illnesses and deaths. For more information on the organization log onto www.safetables.org.
We are representing 34 people, mostly children.