More than 250 Hepatitis A immunizations were administered today at the Cumberland County Public Health Department to individuals who may have been exposed to the disease at a local restaurant.
Employees and anyone who visited the Olive Garden at 234 North McPherson Church Road anytime on July 26, 28, 29, 31 and Aug. 1, 2 and 8 may have been exposed to Hepatitis A through a restaurant employee and should contact the Health Department immediately to receive a free injection of Hepatitis A immune globulin or vaccine.
Let’s hope that the immunization shot is as bad as it gets for those unlucky enough to have eaten at the McPherson Church Road Olive Garden on the dates in question. If it’s not, and exposed people end up becoming symptomatic, we’ve certainly been there before:
- Carl’s Jr. Hepatitis A Outbreak – Washington
- Chi-Chi’s Hepatitis A Outbreak – Pennsylvania
- Chipotle Grill Hepatitis A – San Diego, California
- D’Angelo’s Deli Hepatitis A Outbreak – Massachusetts
- Friendly’s Hepatitis A Exposure – Massachusetts
- Houlihan’s Hepatitis A Exposure – Illinois
- Maple Lawn Dairy Hepatitis A Outbreak – New York
- McDonald’s Hepatitis A Outbreak – Washington
- McDonald’s Hepatitis A Outbreak – Quad-Cities, Illinois
- Quizno’s Hepatitis A Exposure – Massachusetts
- Soleil Produce Hepatitis A Outbreak – California
- Subway Hepatitis A Outbreak – Washington
- Taco Bell Hepatitis A Outbreak – Florida
That is a lot of Hepatitis A – all we needed was a vaccinated worker.