According to Syracuse (WSYR-TV), the Onondaga County Health Department now says more than 600 people have reported getting sick after eating at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que restaurant last weekend.
The owner of the popular restaurant in downtown Syracuse agreed Thursday, to close the business through this weekend while the health department investigates. The restaurant’s owner, John Stage, says some employees who came to work on Friday reported they were ill, and were sent home. Stage estimates about 1,000 people ate at the restaurant last Friday.
The virus is most likely norovirus or norwalk-like virus, commonly seen as the cause of mass illnesses on cruise ships. However, the virus seems to becoming a real problem in restaurants, hospitals and other places where large numbers of people gather.
Just in the last 24 hours you can read the following headlines:
Stomach bug plagues hospital