Header graphic for print
Marler Blog Providing Commentary on Food Poisoning Outbreaks & Litigation

McDonald’s Job Applicant Poisoned with Hepatitis A

My daughter is 17 and took a partime job busing tables as a local restaurant.  Can you imagine being a parent and urging your kid to get a Summer job at McDonald’s?  Here is an email I received tonight:

My son Dillon is 16 and had to be hospitalized because he caught Hepatitis A after he took back an application for a job and ate at McDonald’s in Illinois.  He was admitted on a Thursday and hasn’t eaten since Sunday while running a fever.  He became very jaundice and wasn’t released from the hospital till Sunday evening. Thank you for your time.

Goodness!