Do you know what’s in your hamburger? The truth might frighten you. According to the New York Times, tens of thousands of people get sick annually by the food-born pathogen E. coli. 22-year-old Stephanie Smith was one of those people. A dance instructor, she came down with an illness so severe that it shut down her kidneys, caused seizures and ultimately left her paralyzed from the waist down and partially brain damaged.
William Marler, Stephanie Smith’s lawyer, spoke with Ron Reagan about the seriousness of this issue.