Note – the AP news report cited in the article Spinach packer target of suits that we filed a lawsuit in California on behalf of the family is incorrect. We did represent Ms. McWalter’s family two years ago stemming from her death after eating E. coli contaminated spinach. She died after contracting HUS. For information on that outbreak, see www.marlerclark.com. Once we saw this AP story hit the wire last Friday, we called and emailed AP, and they promised to remove the story. For a summary of the outbreak that killed Ms. McWalters and other E. coli outbreaks tied to spinach and lettuce, see my post below from September 15.
In another report from the San Jose Mecury Herald, the FDA warns: Don’t eat any fresh spinach.