Tiffany Craig of KHOU reports that the Harris County Texas Health Department has temporarily closed Humble’s Iguana Joe’s after multiple patrons reported being sickened over Father’s Day weekend.
The patrons blamed the restaurant for making them sick.
“I think it was a good decision until they find out what has made so many people sick,” said Debbie Rodriguez. Her son ended up in the hospital with Salmonella after eating at Iguana Joe’s. 9-year old Ashton is now out of the hospital. “I think now they understand that the story was a lot bigger than they initially thought,” Rodriguez said.
Allison Duhon Hill and six other people in her family got sick too. “We were all trying to decide was it the fajitas, was it the sour cream, was it the salsa because we all kind of ate different things,” Hill said. “I’m sure after this incident they will probably be the safest place to eat.”
Nick and Ashley Howe visited on Father’s Day and suffered similar symptoms. “I went to work the next day and made it though half a day before I was told go home because I was literally in the restroom all day long,” admitted Nick Howe. A few hours later, Ashley Howe was in the same boat.