FDA Fast Facts
- The FDA is warning consumers not to feed their pets certain Nature’s Deli Chicken Jerky Dog Treats packaged and distributed by Kasel Associates Industries Inc. (Kasel) with a lot code of BESTBY061913DEN. The company has declined to perform a voluntary recall at this time.
- The company recalled one lot of its Nature’s Deli Chicken Jerky Dog Treats on October 2, 2012. However that recall did not extend to the lot code covered by this warning.
- These dog treats may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Both people and animals can contract Salmonellosis from handling or eating contaminated products.
- Consumers should dispose of these products in ways that people and animals, including wild animals, cannot access them, such as placing them in a securely lidded garbage can.
- This advisory is not associated with an ongoing investigation of reported illnesses in dogs and consumption of chicken jerky treats.
- The FDA has not received reports of illnesses associated with this product – yet!